Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter weekend 2018

My mom came up to visit us and stayed for the long weekend  :) We love having visitors from home especially on long weekends when we are celebrating a holiday. Easter weekend is probably my favorite holiday - with Good Friday celebrating Jesus’ death on the cross and Easter his resurrection. My girls are young and even though they don’t understand, I do my best to still incorporate and talk about the true meaning of Easter. I can’t wait for the day when they begin to understand and ask questions!


Our days were full but at the same time I feel like we didn’t do a whole lot. You can check out our fun-filled Saturday HERE. As for Easter Sunday, the girls received huge baskets from their Gigi full of snacks and I added in a bathing suit for each, a wooden teething rattle for Morgan and pretend makeup for Tynsleigh. I originally wasn’t going to do baskets because I don’t want the true meaning to be lost on the girls but in this day and age, how do you not?? So I decided we would but that we would make a bigger deal about Holy Week and hopefully, Good Lord willing, their hearts will be sealed with the true meaning.

The rest of the afternoon was spent dying eggs, playing with toys and eating.

Love conquered death. I am so thankful his work wasn’t finished on that day...that it was only beginning. Happy Easter!

PHOTO DUMP:








 



my Easter dress (on SALE!)   Roolee 
Morgan’s dress + sweater (old)  Matilda Jane 
Tynsleigh’s dress  + tights (similar)  Ruffle Butts
Tynsleigh’s bow  Emeroo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

a new chapter

  i have been loving writing about our life on here the last couple months but I really feel the pull to inspire and motivate ot...