Monday, April 23, 2018

Baby SLEEP

When it comes to baby things - sleep, solids, mobility - I find myself doing a google search of my favorite blogs and then a Pinterest search to see if I can find some tips, tricks or reassurance for whatever developmental thang is going on. Surely I’m not the only one who does this! Soo...if you happened across this little blog looking for the same thing, below is some real talk for ya.


baby sleep. Good grief, is there anything more difficult?? Morgan’s naps have been ah-mazing the last couple weeks. She naps about two hours late morning and about an hour in the afternoon. I feed and rock her until she’s mostly asleep and then stick her in the dockatot. This typically wakes her up a little bit but not enough to where she can’t fall back asleep. Nighttime rolls around though and she can be dead asleep in my arms but as soon as I put her down - girlfriend sounds like a mad, wet hen! So I pick her up and I start feeding, walking, patting, etc, to get her to sleep again. I do love all the cuddles at night and will miss them when she’s moved into Tynsleigh’s room but at the same time, I’m ready to not be kicked and clawed at all night long.

Out of desperation this evening to see if I could get her into the dock, I pulled out some freezer milk, unthawed it and had the bottle ready to go for when she first woke up after I tried putting her down. Oh my gosh lol....I wish I had a picture of her face (and mine!) of when I offered her the bottle. Pretty sure I was proud as can be and she was pushing the nipple out and looking at me like I was crazy. Haha! Ahhhhh I love this stage but I also like it when I can shower and get ready for bed without her screaming bloody murder.

How does the old saying go? “It’ll soon be water under the bridge” I believe it’s something like that...I know there will come a time (just like with car rides and nap time) where she will be fine doing it by herself but it sure is hard in this stage of life!

Until then, however, I plan to keep nudging her forward ;) and most likely complaining about how fast she’s growing lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a new chapter

  i have been loving writing about our life on here the last couple months but I really feel the pull to inspire and motivate ot...