Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Morgan | 7 month update




 

 


 

It’s crazy how fast time flies. It seems like just yesterday I was snapping 738 pictures of you at 6 months just to get 1 of you looking and smiling at the camera. 

It’s mostly been us girls the last month and that always makes things more hectic. We always smile and make the best of it though, don’t we?? You continue to be the sweetest, smiliest little babe. You love being right in the center of what’s going on and are always watching your sister to see what she’s up to. You have been putting your arms on the floor to help steady yourself whenever I sit you up and you are soooo close to sitting on your own. You have also been kicking your legs and pushing your bum up in the air when you are laying on your belly - it sure looks like you are trying to figure out how to GO. 

EAT
You are THE BEST little eater. I made Greek food last week and didn’t expect you to be all that excited about it but you absolutely loved it. Tsaziki and all!! You tried peanut butter (in oatmeal) for the first time this month. I can’t tell if you’re going to love it as much as Tynsleigh and I but you sure didn’t seem to mind it. You have also been eating quite a few smoothies with Tyns and I. You haven’t figured out the straw so I spoon some in your mouth. You did finally figure out the sippy cup a few days ago and you think it’s pretty cool - although if I don’t pay close attention, you will take a drink, spit water out and then squeal with delight as is runs down your chest. 

SLEEP 
Your morning nap has been AMAZING. You go down for 2-3 hours in your dockatot. Your afternoon nap and bedtime hasn’t been as good. You nurse to sleep but don’t let me put you down. Sometimes I could really use a bit of a break but I try to remind myself how much I’m going to miss this. And I will, little girlfriend...oh, I so will. I’m going to start transitioning you into a crib next week. My goal is to have you and Tynsleigh sharing a room by the beginning of June. It’s going to be quite the adjustment for everyone but I’m pretty sure y’all are going to love it.

PLAY 
You play with the same toys as last month and bounce in the same jumper. You have been interacting more with Tynsleigh when she plays and it is the cutest thing. The other night you were playing with a block on the living room floor and tyns was a couple feet away from you reading books. You looked at her and started squawking until she brought her books over by you. I wish I had a picture of it - it’s one of those moments that I stand still and try to blend in so that I am able to take it all in and not disturb y’all. She started reading to you and then went and got a blanket and stuffed animal for you. When she tucked you in, gave you sugars and told you “night, night,” you squealed with laughter, which made her start doing it over and over.  My heart grew about 100 times in size watching y’all that evening.
You have started making all kinds of noises with your mouth and this will sometimes keep you entertained for a good 30 minutes. It always makes me laugh to hear you squealing with delight at yourself!


We love you so much Morgan and are so thankful to have you!

























No comments:

Post a Comment

a new chapter

  i have been loving writing about our life on here the last couple months but I really feel the pull to inspire and motivate ot...