Saturday, May 5, 2018

Sugar detox



Today is day 1 of my sugar detox and oh my goodness, not reaching for cookies or some other dessert after lunch was so rough. Pretty sure I text my sister telling her I really needed my afternoon fix!

Some background on why I’m doing this: I have a HUGE sweet tooth. It’s ridiculous. Typically I keep it in check and treat myself to something small a couple times a week. I realized last night as I was scarfing down a blizzard from Dairy Queen that my sugar addiction was out of control and I needed to do something about it. Sooo...I’m cutting all desserts out of my diet for the next seven days. I’m not cutting fruit out. I figure that’s natural and is fine to keep in there. I am also not doing the whole 30 - I’m just looking to make a lifestyle change that makes sense for my life.

While I was craving a cookie this afternoon, yI reached for a few strawberries. This evening was so tough though because I was semi bored after dinner and dirk was eating ice cream...I stayed strong though! I sure hope I can keep up the running AND no desserts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

a new chapter

  i have been loving writing about our life on here the last couple months but I really feel the pull to inspire and motivate ot...