Sunday, May 6, 2018

Fitness

| fleece | crop pants (old) similar | tank (old) similar | running shoes

I started running again this week. It’s my first time since I had Morgan. I was going to take the girls at first but I have really been needing some alone/down time away from them - because #teamnosleep and #teethingstinks. It’s been ahhhmazing!! I mean, I’ve almost died each day but it’s been so nice to get outside, be by myself for a little bit and get back to running.

I’ve been complaining for the last few months that my clothes either don’t fit or don’t fit well. My husband typically travels every other week for work and that has made it difficult for me to work out consistently on my own, where I don’t have to bring the girls to a gym or the gym daycare. I have done Beach Body videos but I typically have a toddler trying to hang on me, a baby fussing and a dog who thinks it’s a game to attack my feet as I try to follow the set in the video. Ahhhhh! I’m really not complaining. I realize this is just the stage of life I’m in and I will be missing it one day soon.

Back to the clothes not fitting part though. We have several weddings back down in Nebraska and Kansas this summer, and I would like to feel more comfortable in this new body of mine before then. I cut out the majority of processed foods from our diet a couple weeks ago and have thought about cutting out sugar (not the natural kind!). I am still breastfeeding Morgan and have tried cutting my calories in the past but I just end up with a migraine and a fussy baby who insists on eating more frequently. My hope is that running will tighten and tone all the areas, increase my self confidence and give me the alone time I have been needing =)

What is your fitness routine? I’m always looking for new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

a new chapter

  i have been loving writing about our life on here the last couple months but I really feel the pull to inspire and motivate ot...