Thursday, March 29, 2018

Spring Bucket List

We are going stir crazy in this house of ours. Is it summer yet?? Or maybe just spring? It snowed yesterday and it should continue for the next few days. Our ground has started to warm up and the old snow has slowly been melting so it shouldn’t stick around long. Thankfully! I always look forward to the long days of summer and being outside most of the day. This year is no exception!

I searched the internet and Facebook today for things to do to get us through the next couple months and decided I should write them down and declare it to the world or else we’ll piddle around like we always do and I’ll look back wondering where time went.



Start a garden:
Sooo...we have actually already started our garden. There are a few herbs that I started from seed a couple weeks ago - lavender, rosemary and basil. Basil has already germinated and I’m going to need to separate the seedlings here pretty soon. The idea is to let Tynsleigh have some of them in her fairy garden. We’ll see how well that goes this summer lol. I will purchase mature succulents and tomato plants closer to the end of May and will plant sweet peas in the front yard.

Dye eggs and decorate cookies:
My mom will be up here for Easter weekend so the girls will definitely have a chance to make a few messes with their GiGi.

Picnic at the park:
I can’t wait to do this! I’m sure Tyns won’t sit still long enough to eat something at the park lol but it’s going to be a great experience for her.

Finger painting:
I don’t bring this out very often because of the mess that it makes but it’s always a hit when I do! So on the rainy, cool day at the end of spring this will be perfect.

Splash in puddles:
Because what kid doesn’t enjoy doing this??? And because it makes for adorable pictures:)

Walk/playground:
Tynsleigh is at such a fun age. She still loves cruising in the stroller but now when she sees a park she points and says “please” wanting to go play at the park. As soon as the snow melts from the swing set, I plan on doing a lot of walking with the girls and letting Tyns play at the park.

Day trip to the mountains:
I love going to Waterton before it gets too busy with tourists. The girls won’t be able to hike but we can still do a couple of the shorter loops carrying them and drive around looking for wildlife.

Trampoline park:
We have spent quite a bit of time here this winter! Tynsleigh LOVES being able to jump and dance during toddler jump time during the week so I imagine we will be visiting a couple more times this spring!

This list isn’t all-inclusive. I’m excited to see what else we are able to add to it so we can get out and start enjoying the change of season! Anything on your list that you’re excited to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

a new chapter

  i have been loving writing about our life on here the last couple months but I really feel the pull to inspire and motivate ot...